Foxes are one of the most popular passive mobs in Minecraft, but they are quite unpredictable. When wild, they are very skittish and often flee when approached by a player. They are also incredibly quick and agile, making them hard to catch. However, successfully taming a fox comes with its own rewards. Foxes are comparatively easy to tame and can provide the player with assistance in combat and hunting.
In this guide, we will walk you through the steps necessary to tame a fox in the Minecraft Bedrock Edition. Let’s get started!
Also read: Minecraft Hexxit Server Hosting
Where can you find a fox in Minecraft?
There are two types of foxes in Minecraft. One is the red fox that is found in the Taiga biome and Giant Tree Taiga. The second one is the snow (white fox) that is found in the Snow Taiga biome.
You will always find foxes in a group of two or four. They sleep during the day and spawn at night to enter villages to eat chickens.
Also read: Minecraft Pixelmon Server Hosting
What do tamed foxes do in Minecraft?
A tamed fox will be your best companion in the journey of Minecraft. They have a few key features that make them stand out from other tamable mobs.
When tamed, foxes will follow the player around and help them fight hostile mobs. Tamed foxes can immediately become hostile towards any mob that attacks the player. This is a helpful feature, as it allows them to protect their owners from harm.
A tamed fox can also drop things in front of the player they picked up while roaming around. Foxes can pick up anything, including weapons that they use when attacking the hostile mobs. Even if you throw any item, they will pick it up and carry it for you.
Also Read: Minecraft Tekkit Server Hosting
Another benefit of having a tamed fox is that you can make it your personal cook. All you need is to give it a weapon enchanted with Knockback and Fire Aspect. This enchanted weapon will help the fox kill a smaller mob, such as chicken that will be cooked and available for you to eat.
How to tame a fox in Minecraft creative mode?
You can’t tame wild adult foxes; instead, you need to encourage two foxes to breed, and then the baby fox will be your tamed animal. To do this, go through the steps mentioned below.
1. First of all, you need to enter the right biome to find foxes. We have already mentioned above that foxes are found in the Taiga biome, Giant Tree Taiga, and Snow Taiga biome. The type of trees and land in these biomes will make them easy to identify. The tall, green spruce trees define the Taiga biome. The basic difference between Taiga and Giant Tree Taiga is that Giant Taigas have trees with thicker trunks. And the Snow Taiga biome will be covered by snow.
Related: Forge Minecraft Server Hosting
2. After entering the Taiga biomes, you need to collect sweet berries or glow berries. These can be found in the biomes where foxes are found. Foxes love to eat sweet or glow berries, and this is the only way to make them love each other and produce a baby fox.
3. The next step will be finding the foxes. These passive mobs are easily scared, and they will run away from you if you try to come closer to them. You can’t just go up to them. They will sense you before you get too close. Therefore, you have to sneak up to them and feed them their favorite fruit.
It is better to find two foxes near to each other and trap them. This will make it easy for you to feed them. If not, then you need to find and trap the foxes separately and then connect these two traps to each other with a wall of blocks.
4. Now, it’s time to feed sweet berries to foxes. To do this, equip the sweet berries in your hotbar. Then go to the foxes and use the berries to feed them. If you are having trouble getting close enough to foxes, make sure to crouch. You can’t feed both the foxes at the same time. Feed the berries to the first fox and then to the other fox. Upon feeding both the foxes, they will produce a baby fox within a few seconds.
5. Now, you have a baby fox in hand, but it won’t trust and follow you right from the start. It will only follow its parents and run away from you if the parents run away. So, in order to gain its trust and make it follow you, attach a lead to it.
You can find a lead inside a chest, or you can also craft one. To craft a lead, you need one slimeball and four strings, and a 3×3 crafting grid. But make sure you are placing the items in the right places. Put the slimeball in the middle and then put the first string in the first box of the grid and the second string in the second box. The third string will go into the fourth box, and the fourth string should be placed in the ninth box.
If you don’t have any strings, you can get them by killing spiders or cave spiders. Also, you can find strings inside chests in dungeons, desert temples, woodland mansions, and pillager outposts. Moreover, strings can also be found by breaking cobwebs, bartering with piglins, killing striders, or fishing.
To get a slimeball, you need to kill slimes or get it from sneezing baby pandas. Slimes are hostile mobs that attack players, but they drop slimeballs when killed.
6. Next, feed the baby fox sweet berries to transform it into an adult fox. Now, you have a fully tamed fox that will be loyal to you throughout your Minecraft journey. But you also have to take care of it and keep it protected from wild wolves and polar bears.
Wild wolves can attack foxes within 16-18 blocks, and polar bears can attack them within 16 blocks in the Bedrock edition.
How to tame a snow fox in Minecraft?
Both the red and white foxes behave exactly the same way, with the only difference being their coloration. The red fox is typically found in warmer biomes, while the white fox is more commonly seen in cold or snowy regions. Therefore, the method of taming a white fox is the same as the red fox.
How to tame a fox in Minecraft ps4?
In order to tame a fox in Minecraft PS4, follow the same steps mentioned above. There is no difference in taming a fox on PS4 as compared to other versions of the game. The only thing that is different is the platform on which the game is played. This is because the controls are slightly different on PS4. Other than that, the process of taming a fox is the same.
Foxes are one of the most useful mobs in Minecraft. They are passive, so they don’t attack players. They are shy, so it is not easy to catch one. In order to tame a fox, you need to find two foxes and feed them sweet berries. This will help you get a baby fox that will be your tamed fox.